The number one question I get asked all the time – what style is that…..
When styling your home, it needs to be a reflection of you, your loved ones and your life – not a show home you saw on instagram.
Most people struggle to put together a cohesive style that flows in their home and thats where Mel Grace comes in to help clients requesting to “style my home” because they seem to be going around in circles.
What is home styling?
Home styling, interior styling, interior decor, property stylist, interior designer so many names for house styling. Confused? most of us are. The names seem to change with the seasons and what hot next, TMI for the average person just wanting help.
Here at Stagency The Styling Agency we get it, we really do. We know your pain points, we know why you are calling us and best of all we know how to help you….
Here is a brief guide to “styling my home” and hopefully it will help with which style you are heading towards. Don’t forget the interior needs to work with the exterior of your home styling.
There are numerous home interior styles, each characterised by unique aesthetics, color schemes, and design elements. Here are some popular types of home interior styles:
- Modern: Clean lines, minimalism, and a focus on functionality are the hallmarks of modern interior design. It features neutral colors, sleek furniture, and an uncluttered look.
- Contemporary: Contemporary style is constantly evolving and reflects current design trends. It often combines elements from different styles, creating a fresh and eclectic look.
- Traditional: Classic and timeless, traditional interiors exude elegance and sophistication. It features rich colors, ornate detailing, and symmetrical arrangements.
- Scandinavian: This style is characterised by simplicity, functionality, and natural light. It features a predominantly white color scheme, natural materials, and cozy textures.
- Farmhouse: Inspired by rural farmhouses, this style has a warm and rustic feel. It incorporates distressed wood, vintage pieces, and cozy textiles.
- Industrial: Industrial interiors draw inspiration from warehouses and factories. It features exposed brick, metal, and concrete, giving it a raw and urban look.
- Mid-Century Modern: Inspired by designs from the mid-20th century, this style features clean lines, organic shapes, and bold colors.
- Bohemian: Bohemian style is eclectic and free-spirited. It embraces an abundance of colors, patterns, and textures from various cultures.
- Coastal: Coastal interiors are inspired by beach and seaside living. It features light colors, natural materials, and nautical elements.
- Minimalist: Minimalist style promotes simplicity and a clutter-free environment. It focuses on essential elements and a neutral color palette.
- Rustic: Rustic style emphasises natural, rugged beauty. It features wood, stone, and earthy colors, creating a cozy and inviting atmosphere.
- Art Deco: This glamorous style from the 1920s and 1930s exudes luxury and opulence. It features bold geometric patterns, mirrored surfaces, and rich colors.
- Transitional: Transitional style combines elements of traditional and contemporary design. It strikes a balance between classic elegance and modern simplicity.
- Eclectic: Eclectic interiors are a mix of different styles and periods. It allows for a creative and personalised approach to decorating.
- Boho-Chic: Boho-chic style blends bohemian and contemporary elements. It features a laid-back and artistic vibe with an emphasis on textiles and plants.
Each home interior style offers a distinct look and ambiance, allowing homeowners to choose the one that best suits their tastes and preferences. Many people may also blend elements from multiple styles to create a unique and personalised interior space.
After all it is YOUR home so make it a place to call home, a place you want to go to and to relax.
Need help making it happen? Phone us on 0418 114 893 for a free discovery call.